Posted by Abby on 3/27/2013
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Spray an 8" pan with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Beat butter, oil, and sugar with mixer. Beat in eggs and egg white, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, mash bananas with milk. Set aside.
5. Gradually mix half of dry ingredients into butter mixture. Mix in bananas. Mix in remaining dry ingredients. Pour cake batter into prepared pan.
6. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cook cake in pan on wire rack.
1. Using a mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and vanilla. Reduce speed and gradually add confectioners sugar.
2. Spread frosting on cake. Sprinkle with nuts.