Posted by Abby on 5/25/2013
- 12 1" pieces pineapple
- 1 banana cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 medium sized strawberries, cut in half
- 2.5 oz dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Chopped nuts or coconut (optional)
1. Cut fruit and assemble into stacks.
2. Press popsicle sticks through the fruit and freeze until solid.
3. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Melt the chocolate along with the coconut oil on the stove-top or in the microwave, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Once completely melted, remove the frozen fruit from the freezer.
5. Dip the fruit in the chocolate, let the excess drip off and then place on the sheet to harden.
6. If desired, dip the chocolate covered side immediately in the chopped nuts/coconut before placing them on the sheet to harden.
7. Once the chocolate is completely hardened, remove from the sheet and place in an airtight container to store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Be sure that your bananas aren't too ripe. If they're too ripe they will turn mushy once thawed.