Posted by Abby on 7/11/2013
- 3 (8 oz packages) reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 7 oz light coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp melted butter
1. Mix melted butter and coconut together and press into a 10 inch springform pan.
2. Bake at 325F for 15 minutes, or until golden, then set aside to cool.
1. In a large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add sugar, cornstarch, vanilla to cream cheese and mix well.
3. Add eggs to the bowl, adding about a tablespoon at a time, mixing well between each addition.
4. Add the coconut milk and extract until well combined.
5. Place the springform pan with cooled crust into a large roasting pan. Pour cheesecake mixture into the springform pan.
6. Place on center rack in oven, and add hot water to the roasting pan until it reaches about halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
7. Bake the cheesecake at 350F for 1 hour, or until filling is set and only slightly jiggly in the center.
8. Carefully remove roasting pan from the oven, and remove springform pan.
9. Allow cheesecake to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate overnight, or at least 8 hours before removing from the springform pan.
10. Top with whipped cream and toasted coconut is desired before serving!