Posted by Abby on 4/8/2013
- 4 sausages, beef or pork
- 1 pound of potatoes
- 1/2 pound of baby carrots
- 1/2 bell pepper (color of your choice)
- 1 large onion
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp italian herbs
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 450F.
1. Peel potatoes, wash, and cut into four pieces.
2. Peel one large (or two small) onion and cut in wedges
3. Remove the base of the stalks of the fennel, cut into wedges.
4. Slice half (or more if you'd like) bell pepper into strips.
5. Place everything in roasting tray.
6. Use a big bowl to combine oil, italian herbs, grated or chopped garlic, and chicken broth; Pour mixture over vegetables, and toss.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Cover tray with aluminum foil and bake in oven for 45 minutes.
9. While the vegetables are in the oven, brown the sausages; Cut in half.
10. After 45 minutes the vegetables should be fork tender. Place sausages in with vegetables and pour the balsamic vinegar over dish. Place back in the oven, uncovered, and bake another 15 minutes.
11. Take out and flip sausages and ladle some of the juices at the bottom of the dish over the veggies & sausage. Put back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes, until everything is nice and brown.
12. Remove from oven and enjoy!